Do you need to add more information to your purchase orders? Learn what information can be added, removed or changed.
Global Settings for Purchase Orders
Go to Account (lower right corner) > Settings > Purchase Orders to change the following settings:
- Purchase order counter - where numbering of POs will begin
- Set shop name and upload logo
- Enable or disable the following fields on the PO PDF: product images, using the variant title as the title for the line item, SKU, vendor reference (vendor SKU), barcode, cost price, and expected date
- Connect to an accounting platform to sync purchase orders
- Add custom fields to your purchase order
These settings will then apply to all purchase orders in your system (the counter will be sequential and continue with each new PO).
See final section of this document to customize PDF settings for Vendors.
Billing and Shipping Address
To set the billing and shipping address for each warehouse, go to Account (lower right corner) > Settings > Warehouses. There click on Settings for one warehouse.
There you can enter billing and shipping addresses.
Once you enter this information, it is stored in Inventory Planner so you will not need to enter that each time you create a Purchase Order.
Individual PO settings
To customize information on a purchase order, be sure you are in edit mode. This is the default mode while you are creating a purchase order. If you need to edit an existing PO, click on the PO number from the Purchase Orders & Transfers section of Inventory Planner.
Then click Edit at the top of the screen.
Enable metrics and fields
To customize fields for individual purchase orders, click on the gear icon to enable and rearrange columns.
Click on Settings in the upper right corner of the purchase order to change or include the following information:
- PO number
- PO status
- Expected arrival date and date the PO was created
- Notes for the PO (these will be visible to the vendor)
- Vendor information including vendor name, payment terms, currency to be used for ordering, payment date
- Units of measurement (UOM) including enabling to round up or down, or disabling UOM
- Minimum order quantity (MOQ) including MOQ based on the variant count, the product count, or the number of units on the purchase order.
- In the case of a Combined Warehouse, you can configure the Destination warehouse (physical location) vs. the Replenishment warehouse (used for replenishment quantity, stock, sales and other metrics).
Vendor Settings for PO PDF
If you need to set different information for the PDF version of POs that you send to suppliers, this can be done in the Vendors section.
First select the vendor to see the settings page.
Scroll down to see PO PDF settings and enable Custom Settings.
Then customize settings needed for this supplier.
Then Save Changes.