To import a purchase order or transfer from a spreadsheet:
Your spreadsheet for upload needs to contain the following information including column names:
An identifier to match products: SKU, title, ID, vendor reference, or barcode. (Required)
Quantity ordered (required)
Vendor name (optional)
Received quantity if the ordered products have already arrived and added to inventory (optional)
PO created date (optional)
PO arrival date (optional)
Cost price (optional)
Landing cost price (optional)
PO number to differentiate purchase orders. If not provided then POs are distinguished by arrival date. (optional)
Date format such as yyyy-mm-dd (Recommended to be set, to ensure we read the date correctly)
2. Go to the Purchase Order section from the left side menu.
3. At the bottom of the screen, click Import > Purchase Orders.
4. Attach your saved spreadsheet by clicking the option to select your file or dragging the desired File to the import area.
We also offer a CSV Template download, if you require to create a Purchase Order import file.
5. Inventory Planner will match columns with your column names when possible. For other columns of information, you will need to select the correct column title to match the information type for import.
If you are importing a transfer, select the 'Orders Type' field to indicate that the import is a transfer rather than a PO.
When you select 'Transfer' there will be additional fields to select either a Source Warehouse or to indicate a Source Warehouse column on your import spreadsheet. You only need to use one of these two source warehouse fields on the import dialog.
6. When all column names have been matched to their information field, click Upload at the bottom of the screen.
Note: You can import files as large as 100 MB but larger files might take longer to upload.