Integrations to Inventory Planner are available both to Magento 1 and Magento 2 users.
Connecting your Magento 1 store to Inventory Planner
The following credentials are needed to complete the integration.
We recommend to specify full URL to your Magento installation. Always use https:// scheme to make sure your data is transferred over secure connection (you may use http for development/test stores).
Adding Soap Role
To add a new SOAP role, perform the following steps:
- On the Magento Admin Panel menu, select System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
- In the top right corner, click Add Role. The Add New Role page opens.
- There are two tabs in the Role Information panel on the left: Role Info and Role API Resources.
- Select the Role Info tab and in the Role Information panel, enter the name for the role to be created in the corresponding Role Name field. This field is required.
- In the Role API Resources tab, in the Resource Access drop-down list, select All.
- Click Save Role in the top right corner to save the role.
- After you saved the role, a new Role Users tab appears in the Role Information panel on the left.
Adding Soap User
To access remotely your Magento store, you need an API username and API key, so you need to create a new webservice user.
- On the Magento Admin Panel menu, select System > Web Services > SOAP/XML-RPC Users.
- In the top right corner, click Add New User. The Add New User page opens.
- Choose whatever username and API key you want to use.
- In User Role section, select the role we've just created.
- Click Save User in the top right corner to save the role.
Connecting your Magento 2 store to Inventory Planner
Go to System > Integrations and clicking on the ‘Add New Integration’ button.
You should initially see the default ‘Integration Info’ tab where you need to enter a name for the test Integration.
Switch to the ‘API’ tab.
Select Resource Access / Custom and configure the following required resources:
Sales -> Operations -> Orders -> Actions -> View
Catalog -> Inventory -> Products
Catalog -> Inventory -> Categories
Store -> Settings -> Configuration -> Inventory Sections
Store -> Attributes -> Product
Alternatively, you can select Resource Access / All to give access to all resources.
Click the ‘Save’ button.
You should now see the new Integration listed. However, you will see that the status of the new Integration is ‘Inactive’. To change this (and generate the OAuth access tokens) you need to click ‘Activate’.
This will prompt a modal window asking you to approve the permissions assigned to the Integration. Click the ‘Allow’ button.
This will prompt a further modal displaying the newly generated access tokens. Now click ‘Done’.
The Integration now has a status of ‘Active’ and is ready to use.
If you didn’t capture the access tokens in the screen above, you can view them again by editing the Integration.
Inventory Planner downloads and displays inactive products from Magento by default.
Products that are not visible are marked as hidden in Inventory Planner and are not shown by default under visible filter.
Configurable, bundle, grouped and virtual products are not synced from Magento and are not visible in Inventory Planner. However, Inventory Planner reads and takes into account component sales which Magento expands in the data used by Inventory Planner.
When sale order currency is different from store currency, Magento converts price to store currency. Inventory Planner uses this converted price.