Purchase Orders can be created in Inventory Planner to your vendors (suppliers).
Inventory Planner downloads vendor information and vendor/catalog associations from most Inventory Management Systems.
For e-Commerce systems that do not have vendor/catalog information, you must first create vendors then update catalog details directly in Inventory Planner. Until this step, all variants will be assigned to an 'unknown' vendor by default.
Learn More: What is the Unknown Vendor?
For a full list of integrations and details that are pulled from every system, visit https://inventory-planner.com/integrations.
- Use Catalog to Associate Variants with Vendors
- Associate Variants with Vendors by Brand
- Add Multiple Vendors
- Import Vendor and Catalog Information
Catalog: Associate Variants with Vendors
- Select Catalog > Vendors.
- Select "X Variants" under a Vendor.
- Select "+ Variant to Vendor"
- Search and select variants to associate with the Vendor.
Associate Variants with Vendors by Brand
- Select Catalog > Vendors.
- Select "Settings" under a Vendor.
On the Vendor Settings page, scroll down to see '+ Add Brand
Here you can add/remove brands for the vendor. Adding a brand automatically adds current and future products for this brand.
Select a brand to associate to the vendor.
After selecting the brand, click 'Add Brand'.
Finally, 'Save Changes' to associate all brand variants to the vendor.
Can the same SKU be associated with two vendors?
You can associate the same SKU with two vendors. The benefit of this is typically that it makes ordering from one supplier quicker if the products coming only from that supplier are already in a group.
There could be other information specific to different vendor - such as using different titles or SKUs by the vendor, or applying different rules for ordering cost prices, units of measurement, minimum order quantities, or bulk discounts.
Catalog: Add Multiple Vendors
- Select Catalog > Vendor Attributes.
- Select the "+" icon to add a secondary vendor.
- Search and select the vendor, input cost information, and save changes.
Import Variant Attributes and Vendor Associations
- Select Import > Multiple Vendor Catalog.
- Select CSV file to upload.
- Use the dropdowns to match with column headers in your spreadsheet. Most of the columns are optional, if they are not selected, their value does not change
Use the dropdown options for each field to make sure the correct information is matched. Finally, click Upload.
You will then see the results of your import, including information that successfully imported and an error log. Click on 'Download all errors as CSV' to see issues that need to be corrected. The number in the 'Line' column indicates the row in your spreadsheet where the error occurred.
Shopify Supplier/Vendors Sync
Shopify Vendors differ from Inventory planners Vendors, As explained here:
You can configure your Shopify connection to import your Shopify Vendors as suppliers.
This is done via your accounts "Connections" settings:
- Find the Shopify connection and click the "Connection Settings":
- You can then select the option, seen below:
- Once you have checked this option, Click "Save".