Connecting your store
The following information is needed to connect your DEAR account with Inventory Planner.
Getting Account ID and Key
To obtain Account ID and Key, add a new application for Inventory Planner in DEAR Settings by performing the following steps:
- From DEAR Inventory, select Integration and API
- In Applications tab, click New API Application
- We recommend to use 'Inventory Planner' for application name.
- Make sure that Active is selected.
- Copy Account ID and Key for use in Inventory Planner settings.
- Click Save.
Launch Inventory Planner
To start using Inventory Planner and to get the most out of inventory forecasting, we recommend the following steps:
- Ensure your first sync of data is underway
- Adjust account settings
- Provide additional product information such as seasonality (Optional)
- Set lead times and days of stock (Required - most important step for producing an accurate forecast)
See our full Launch Guide here.
Inventory Planner demand forecasting will be used to produce purchase orders. Once saved, purchase orders will sync to DEAR. After the PO sync, all additional work will happen in DEAR including receiving, editing, or cancelling the purchase order.
Product information, sales history, vendor information, and previously created purchase orders will all sync from DEAR to Inventory Planner on the first sync, then will be updated automatically every 24 hours.