Connecting your Odoo account to Inventory Planner
To set up an Inventory Planner account, go to https://www.inventory-planner.com/signup to enter your email and password.
You'll then select a platform where your product and order history can be synced from in order to populate Inventory Planner. Here you'll select Odoo.
Configure Odoo API access
To connect your Odoo and Inventory Planner accounts, you will need the following infomration:
- Your Odoo URL: this will be in the following format: https://mycompany.odoo.com
- Your Odoo database name. You can find this by clicking on your account name in the upper right corner, then Your Database Name.
3. An Odoo User Name
4. The Odoo User Password
When logged into Inventory Planner, enter this information on the Connection page.
From there, your first sync will begin.
Launch Inventory Planner
To start using Inventory Planner and to get the most out of inventory forecasting, we recommend the following steps:
- Ensure your first sync of data is underway
- Adjust account settings
- Provide additional product information such as seasonality (Optional)
- Set lead times and days of stock (Required - most important step for producing an accurate forecast)
See our full Launch Guide here.
Inventory Planner demand forecasting will be used to produce purchase orders. Once saved, purchase orders will sync to Odoo. After the PO sync, all additional work will happen in Odoo including receiving, editing, or cancelling the purchase order.
Product information, sales history, vendor information, and previously created purchase orders will all sync from Odoo to Inventory Planner on the first sync, then will be updated automatically every 24 hours.