Low inventory alerts can be set for your whole store or can be customized at the SKU level. Frequency of alerts and what information you receive is also adjustable.
- Default Alert Settings
- Set Safety Stock
- Set Alerts by Location or Warehouse
- Set Alerts for Individual Variant
Default Alert Settings
To set an alert for all products in your store at once, click on Account > Settings >
Scroll down to see all low stock alert settings.
You can enter multiple email address to ensure everyone in your company that needs to be alerted receives this information. Delta alerts will send you emails when additional products trigger low stock alerts.
You can set a safety stock level. Note that setting the safety stock level here will apply to all items in your store. Safety stock level can be set on the variant level in the Replenishment report. The safety stock level will be added to any replenishment recommendation.
Inventory Planner recommends adding to your Days of Stock so that you have a dynamic buffer for your supply chain. Using safety stock uses a static number, meaning this will not grow as your store grows. To read more, check out our blog, The Case Against Safety Stock.
Safety stock for all items by default can be set in Account > Settings > Forecast.
Alerts by Location or Warehouse
If you would like to receive alerts for some warehouses but not others, go to Account / Settings
Then Warehouses and click on Settings.
Enable or disable alerts for that warehouse using the button at the bottom of the screen.
Set Alerts for Variants in Bulk
If you'd like to set one level of alert for some but not all variants in your store, you can do this in bulk. This can apply to product categories, all products from one vendor or a group of variants.
- Select Catalog > Warehouses.
- Check "Custom Alert" to override default Alert settings from Account > Settings.
- Enable or Disable Alerts, then select 'Save Changes'.
Bulk Actions can also be used to Set Low Stock Alerts:
- Go to Replenishment.
- Select the Variants to configure Alerts.
Select Bulk Actions > then Set Low Stock Alert.
Then you can customize alert settings.
Set Alerts for Individual Variant
- You can also set an alert for one SKU at a time. In Replenishment, click on the Details Icon.
- Select Warehouses.
- Select "Custom Alert" to override default Alert settings from Account > Settings.
- Enable or Disable Alerts, then select 'Save'.